Sunday, January 8, 2017

2016 Very Good Awards nominees

AKA books I finished in 2016.

1. The Dragon's Path, by Daniel Abraham. Orbit 2011

2. The Elementals, by Michael McDowell. Avon books 1981

3. The Ruins, by Scott Smith. Alfred A. Knopf 2006

4. The Clan of the Cave Bear, by Jean Auel. Bantam 1980

5. Europe at Midnight, by Dave Hutchinson. Solaris 2015

6. Senlin Ascends, by Josiah Bancroft. Create Space independent publishing platform 2013

And congrats to all six books I finished in 2016! Each was a legit 4+ stars (I'll probably soon post about the books I didn't finish in 2016, that's another story). Interesting additions to this list include two horror novels, and a novel that is more often considered historical fiction than fantasy. Hey! There's also a self-published novel, something that hasn't shown up because a lot of editors are too gentle with writers anyway, so how could I possibly tolerate a self-edited work? But it was great. As you'll be able to read more about when I feel like writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment